Monday, February 22, 2010

Bibliocommons -- oops! the New Catalog

I love the new catalog. The search features are terrific -- the "results" list with the addition of various descriptors makes it so much easier to help patrons find what they are looking for. I love the "My DBRL" section -- everything is in one neat and tidy spot (although I still can't renew items that have holds on them!. But that wasn't part of the deal, was it?) I can find my lists, make requests, take note of my items on hold. This is a great tool to keep patrons (and me) organized, at least as far as library materials are concerned!

I'll probably not do much social networking via the catalog -- it's just not my "thing" -- but in support of Nettrek, I did actually write a little review of a book.

No comments:

Post a Comment